Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 8: Disney




Growing up Disney was always a big part of my life…I know,everyone at this school probably says that but hear me out here. I knew what an animator was from a very early childhood because my uncle was an animator at Walt Disney and so my family was completely overwhelmed with Disney and I of course too wanted to work for Disney…naturally. I loved the movies as a child and so did my sisters but as I grew older I found myself losing interest in Disney. My uncle was let go in the early two thousands along with many others 2D animators from Disney and went through some hard times because of it. After that the company deteriorated in quality for me and left a bad taste in my mouth. I still have my favorites: Aladdin, Lion King, Robin Hood, Lilo and Stitch. But if I had to pick a favorite I would have to chose Fantasia. Why Fantasia? I think it’s the most beautiful and straightforward piece of american animation I have ever watched and it still holds up, it’s animated beautifully and imaginatively. It holds an energy no other Disney film has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment