Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 5: Thoughts on Palo Alto


I read most of Palo Alto by James Franco and watched the Gia Coppola film and…it was …interesting. Flawed? yes. Poorly written? Yes, at times but for the most part I related to the stories. Growing up right here in Sarasota, Fl especially through high school I’ve met more than a couple of equivalent people that are written about in Franco’s book. Yes for as much as you don't want to believe it these people exist. Drunk, pill popping, cigarette smoking, privileged white children that hate their parents exist. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting a plethora of them so to me what was more interesting than reading the book and watching the movie was hearing my classmates response to the content. Not on the quality of the book…yes it was bad…we know, but the debate on weather the characters in the book were believable or not. Yes they are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment